would u let your 3 yr old go swimming if they had a mild cough and cold

my son wants to go swimming really bad.. but he has cold that includes a cough. he doesnt have a fever and even though he is coughing he has ton of energy.. my dh husbands says i should take him.. but i think if he swallows water it will make his cough worse
THANK U FOR THE ADVICE

Rydersmommy616

Asked by Rydersmommy616 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I agree with you, it might make it worse. Personally, I wouldn't even go swimming with a cold. Just doesn't sound like it would feel to good.
    CarlyCo

Answer by CarlyCo at 4:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I wouldn't. It might make him feel worse, plus if it's contagious, you will only be spreading the germ around.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• true didnt even think about spreading the germ around.. thank u for the advice
    Rydersmommy616

Comment by Rydersmommy616 (original poster) at 4:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It's not swallowing the water that will make his cough worse. It'll be the cold temparture of the water that will help the virus grow. As well as other stated you'll be spreading the germs.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010