Appropriate or inappropriate?

I work in a department of about 20 people (majority is women). One gal is getting married, and posted a single invitation to her shower with a letter stating that anyone is welcome to come, and by the way, I'm registered here.....Is this considered appropriate etiquette?

DMac08

Asked by DMac08 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Entertainment

• Tacky!
    This day N age... If you cant afford the proper invites, there is always Evites now! (email) that cost ZIP...

Sorry but if im not special enough to get an individual invite (through mail, hand delivered or email, phone, or even word of mouth) then i would not even think about going...
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think it's tacky, I would have given an invite to everyone individually.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 4:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It IS tacky, but if you're inviting everyone from work, then I think it's okay. She's probably just trying to cut costs as much as possible ( we did it with our wedding too) and invitations can be pricey...
    Kassey713

Answer by Kassey713 at 4:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think is was tacky. I think a tasteful memo would've been more appropriate.
    -crunchy-mama-

Answer by -crunchy-mama- at 4:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• On the one hand I think it's tacky (particularly pointing out the registry), but on the other hand, is there an easy way to make an open invitation to all and ensure that no one feels they've been left out (probably a bigger concern with a bigger company)?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 4:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• In this economy she was probably trying to save $ with one work invite. It's nice that she is close enought to all of you and not excluding anyone. Please don't look down on her for this little mistake in etiquette - the poor thing will have people "judging" her enough on her big day- (flowers, decorations, food, attire, etc- ) If I'd have known what I know now, we could've saved our $ & just eloped!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:25 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I just had to send out invites for my Baby Shower and have you noticed the cost of stamps lately? It got really expensive, really quickly. I would say she was just trying to Memo everyone and invite them while saving herslef some money.
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 4:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think it's fine to post where you're registered for those who care to know. Yes, it is a bit like saying "WHEN you buy me a gift", but it saves you the time of 40 people asking you the same question. However, I thought that they were supposed to bring gifts to the wedding and not the shower? Hmm.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2010