how can i comfort my baby that has a fever

my new born has a fever of 99.9 and keeps crying.

and tips on how to comfort her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:02 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• cuddling, try either stripping her down to her diaper or wrapping her up more. Depending on her body she may feel the fever as she hot or it may be making her feel colder, sorry there's no easy way to tell the difference. I just know that sometimes when I have a fever I feel like I'm burning up or sometimes I feel like I'm freezing.

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:05 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Make sure baby feels secure. I bundle my son at night to rock him to sleep and if I don't he is restless and fussy. Even if he is sweating he likes it. He also like to bounce, not little ones but big ones. I have a pilates ball and he settles down right away if I sit on the ball and bounce him to sleep. You can do it standing just as well. If it were my newborn I would keep a close eye on the temp and if rises and doesn't fall with infant tylenol in a reasonable time go to the doctor. My son is 8 weeks old so I understand the newborn concern.
    naturalhome

Answer by naturalhome at 11:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• my daughter had her first fever when she was 2weeks old and was fussy and everything else, i called my dr. right away and my dr. wanted to see us in 30mins. so what i did until then was bundle her up to sweat it out of her, thats the only thing that i know how to do cuz my mom did that with us until we moved out, and did the things that usually comferted her like rocking and singing to her. she also loves her boucy chair with the viabrator on. (sorry for all the spelling mistakes its late)
    tysbaby08

Answer by tysbaby08 at 4:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Newborn with a fever should go to the Dr fast. Has she been to the Dr? If not take her now! Call your nurse hotline if you don't believe me, but take her to the Dr. Good luck I hope she feels better fast.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 4:39 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Any baby under 3 months old with a fever should be seen by the doctor, I would bring her in.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 7:52 PM on Oct. 12, 2008