Bumped Heads???

my 7 month old, bumps her head alot. I dont know if i should be worried or not. When she does it she just a sec. than shes fine. But i dont think she should be bumping it that much. Is this ok?

tylersbaby85

Asked by tylersbaby85 at 11:08 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it's just their coordination kinda sucks at that age :) don't worry they grow out of it
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:09 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• She will get many more bumps and bruises along the way! And I'm sorry to say they will get worse as she gets older. Our job is to watch out for them but not to shelter them. If it leaves a red mark on the skin but then goes away no bump or anything, she is fine. It is just a learning experience for her! If it hurts she will learn to be more cautious. If she hits it hard and a 'goose egg' appears watch for the next couple of hours for vomiting and eye dilation. That will tell you if she needs to go to the Dr.!
    mommie_2boys

Answer by mommie_2boys at 12:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• When my oldest DD was a baby I could have sworn I was going to have to get her a helmet. If she wasn't bumping her head her brother was. I never did get her one. She is fine now and has a very hard head.
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 12:10 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I knew a neighbor kid who at 7 mos bumped his head way more than I thought normal for a kid his age. It turned out he had some slight neurological problem he needed physical therapy for. He was'nt diagnosed til he was 2 1/2, but I could tell something wasn't right when he was 7 mos old. If you have a feeling something isn't right, bring it to the attention of your child's pediatrician. It's probably nothing, but if she can be helped, time could be of the essence!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 4:37 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Kids get bumps and bruises all the time, unless she slams her head into the wall I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think my kids have gone more then two days without a bruise somewhere on them.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:55 AM on Oct. 12, 2008