pot roast

I have never made one. How do you make it in a slow cooker. I think it the meat, carrots, potatoes, onion and water but i'm not sure.

Kimora_neko

Asked by Kimora_neko at 4:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Food & Drink

• You got it. Add the gravy mix near the end after skimming the fat off.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 4:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I love doing this, it's great! You would want to start it by like 9 in the morning, though for it to be ready by dinner time. I usually make a meat rub and rub it all over the roast, place the roast in the slow cooker and cover about 3/4 of the way with water. Chop onions, potatoes, carrots and add to the water around the roast. Simple and Yummy! Sometimes I use some extra garlic and beef broth. Good luck.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 4:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Stab the meat and stick about 12 cloves of garlic in it (its soooo good this way!)
    Rub with a packet of "French Onion Soup" mix, and let sit for 15 minutes while you prep the veggies.

Peel and chunk 4 carrots, 1 onion, 4 potatoes, 4 stalks celery. Place meat in crock, add veggies, cover with water. Let it rip.

Easy as pie.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 4:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i was planning on starting it tonight and then using it tomorrow. The meat needs to be used today
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 4:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I make beef stew ALL the time. Its my favorite thing to make but as funny as it is i've never made pot roast
    Kimora_neko

Comment by Kimora_neko (original poster) at 4:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I love this Pot Roast

Ingredients
    4 pounds chuck roast
    salt and pepper to taste
    1 packet dry onion soup mix
    1 cup water
    3 carrots, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
    1 stalk celery, chopped
    Directions
    1.Take the chuck roast and season with salt and pepper to taste. Brown on all sides in a large skillet over high heat.
    2.Place in the slow cooker and add the soup mix, water, carrots, onion, potatoes and celery.
    3.Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours.
    DesertRose75

Answer by DesertRose75 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You got it made, it will be a big hit. Basically do the same a a stew just bigger chunks of veggies and less water, oh and keep the meat whole instead of chunks, lol.
    MilkingMomma

Answer by MilkingMomma at 4:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Take the ingredients you already have, buy a packet of pot roast seasoning from the store and slow cook it for 2-6 hours. :)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 4:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• This is how my parents make it, though substitute their oven recipe for the slow cooker. Which is how I make it.

Put a bottom full of Cream of Mushroom soup in the bottom of the slow cooker. Add quartered red potatoes ontop and sliced carrots. Cut on the thick side, so they don't get too mushy. Place the roast ontop and cover with the rest of the cream of Mushroom soup. Some people say to use a 10 pz can of soup, but I use the bigger can. Cook on high for five hours. Cook on low for 8 hours. If you want you can add the veggies and potatoes after or cook them seperately.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010