Why do people judge without even knowing the others situation?

I hate it.
I'm in a poor situation, but people don't know why and what I've been threw, so i would appreciate it if you kept you judgements to yourselves.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:11 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Just for Fun

• Yeah I hate people like that too! They always have something negative to say instead of keeping there mouth shuts, my grandma always taught us that if we got nothing good to say then dont say nothing at all, and thats how it should be.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 11:14 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• People condescend to make themselves feel better. I hate it too. We are all equal in the eyes of God, but we are each blessed in different ways. the differences can get on my nerves too, but I try to celebrate it, else life would be boring.
    onlycathyo

Answer by onlycathyo at 11:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• People do it just to make themselves seem more righteous and better than you. It's sad and it's childish.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:22 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I think most of us are guilty of judging others even though we know it is wrong and we don't like to be judged. It's human nature.
    emptynestmom456

Answer by emptynestmom456 at 12:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I think it's human nature to filter your life by your experience. Those that hate on you and don't know you see your situation and judge you by their own life experience, I mean what else do they have to go on? You can't get in depth with every single person's life and situation, so you judge them by what you already know. Also, if you're posting on CafeMom you are inviting strangers that don't know your situation to make those judgements about you, again based on their own experiences. I see 3 choices, explain your whole life with every post, quit posting, or grow thicker skin! People aren't going to stop being people. Good luck!!!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 4:31 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• To be fair, I think if you're posting your situation in a public forum asking for input, then you have to expect a little judgement, because that is human nature...as is so clearly demonstrated by the posts on CafeMom so much of the time. If you don't want people to speak their mind in response to your posts, then perhaps you shouldn't post about your situation, particularly if you don't want to get into the details of "what you've been through". I'm not saying you can't post, not by a long shot...I'm just saying maybe you should be realistic about what you're going to get in response, which is a mix of help and judgement. Take the good, leave the bad, and don't sweat it.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:33 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• lol...i didn't post anything about me...i was asking why people judge others based on the questions i have seen. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on Oct. 12, 2008