Any Followers of *The Pearls*?

Does anyone on here follow the ministry of Debbie and Michael Pearl? I have read "Created to be his help meet" and was told to take it with a grain of salt...I ended up needing the whole salt shaker. I then swore to never touch "To train up a child"....but im interested in it now. Any mama's who follow it? To what extreme?

Auntiemom410

Asked by Auntiemom410 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Hell no. I was reading on their website and wished I could reach through the computer and choke them. Whew...no.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• haha....im planning a trip to tennessee...I hope to run into/over them. lol. They spank BABIES....like 3mth olds...with SWITCHES. My husband is so sick with disgust over what Ive shared with him. Children have been murdered by parents who follow the teachings of these loons....Lydia Schatz is the most recent. And Michael released a statement 3wks afterwards that was disturbing....he laughed at his critics...google lydia schatz michael pearl and see if you can find it....it was the craziest statement Ive ever heard. He said that his grand daughters laugh when they spank their dolls for being naughty, they laugh with joy because they know their babies will be good mommies.......WTF????
    Auntiemom410

Comment by Auntiemom410 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yeah..I was reading comments on the site and one lady was so proud to spank her 4 month old with a wooden paint stirrer because the baby cries when she is angry. They also advocate not picking up a crying kid and to train them like you would a pet.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• There is also an article on potty training 1day old babies...because its not "normal" to poop in a diaper.
    I hate when they say things like "break them down"......it breaks my heart....They treat them worse than animals....
    Auntiemom410

Comment by Auntiemom410 (original poster) at 5:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well, I can see using EC, but, not for the reasons why they do it.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 5:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• This is too extreme for me, any hitting of any kind is not okay.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 5:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yuck- just plain yuck.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 5:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• no no no no they are cultic and Id stay as far away as possible. They are the authors of Baby Wise and all that garbage! I have spanked but not that young, when they were older geesh babies are gonna cry when they are little !
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• another thing Id be curious to see how these kids turn out to be as adults.. the thought is scary!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Aren't they the ones who say to spank an 8 month old baby?

Nsbgirl

Answer by Nsbgirl at 5:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010