What are the pros and cons to getting pregnant again when baby #1 is 3 months old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The only pro I can think of is that they will be close in age - The rest that comes to mind is a bunch of cons- like having 2 in diapers, being sleep deprived, being busier than you can even imagine! (etc.) Good luck if you are- rethink it if you're not!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I hate the constant diapers, same time potty training, and how drained physically I was during the pregnancy. But hey, they will all go to school back to back, and I can hand down the clothes right away!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 4:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• The hardest thing for me taking care of the baby while being pregnant ! Everything else was great hmmm now they play together, diapers are a pain, I so happy they are both boys didn't have to buy anything new!
    Patience909

Answer by Patience909 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I got pregnant again (surprisingly) with my third child, when my second baby was 2 months old. Everything went fine. My boys are 10 moths apart. They are now 7 and 8 years old. I think as long as you had a healthy pregnancy, getting pregnant again should be ok. The best thing to do is consult your doctor.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 4:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• The only pro I can think of is they would be close in age so they might get along as they get older.

The cons would be that they are so close in age you have two in diapers, it's hard on your body, you have to through a pregnancy while taking care of a baby, you have to take care of an infant along with a baby who is less than 1 year old and probably not sleeping through the night, the list goes on. If you feel like tyou could handle those things, of course it's up to you. Just the fact that your body is nowhere near healed only 3 months PP but having 2 babies under 1 year would be a hell of a lot of work and stress.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• P.S. and the pros: hand-me-downs, they grow up together will share everything and become partners for life, my boys are really close they even are in the same class together since kinder-garden.
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 4:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• cons: work! work! work! and a lot of STRESSSSSS!
    babysavy9

Answer by babysavy9 at 4:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Cons:
    Both babies in diapers.. baby food expenses are higher.
    Health risks to the baby because the body doens't have enough time to heal thus resulting in a higher chance of miscarriage, birth defects, and risks to yourself as well. (my friend has 4 kids.. all about a year apart, so she would have been around 3 months when she conceived.. 2 of her children have birth defects, that the doctors believe were because of how close in age they are).

Pros: get it done and over with.. and they could be close (friend wise, although this also could be a con if they end up not getting along)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• doctors recommend waiting at least a year before trying to conceive again to reduce potential risks to you and your baby because your body needs time to heal.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010