When you get a pedicure..

..what do they do? I've never had one before...what does it entail?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• your feet and toenails get scrubbed on, you can have your nails painted and some places throw in foot rubs!
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 4:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• They take off any polish you have, trim the nails, put on cuticle cream and soak. They then de-scale your feet with what looks like an emery board, then they moisturize and paint.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 4:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Some places will actually do a leg massage and a callous-removal if you ask them to.
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 4:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Never had one.... I guess to me is seems silly to pay money for something I can do at home... besides, I am extremely ticklish... LOL
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 5:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I usually do my own because I get the supplies with my cosmo license, but It's way different, and much nicer when someone else does it! Massage, and no clean up after! And they can see what I can't.
    When I do them at the salon here's what you get....
    soak, with natural salts
    push back cuticles, clip and shape nails and clean around the entire cuticle
    apply sloughing lotion, massage thouroghly
    File the rough skin off
    Rinse
    Using an oil I massage each foot for 10 minutes
    Then I apply a cooling foot mask and wrap with hot towels
    Theeeeeen, I remove mask
    prep the nails for polish and polish them. I usually use a UV cured top coat for a mirror finish too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 5:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• depends on the type of pedicure you are getting.. a basic pedicure normally includes me sanitizing my hands, and a light cooling spray to your feet. Remove polish, Then soak feet.. (some use a seaweed bath water with sound gross but feels amazing, others use salts, or some just a nice moisturizing soap soak). Take one foot out, dry, clip and shape, then push back cuticle. Repeat with second foot. Apply an oil or lotion to feet, foot file away calluses if necessary, soak, massage with oil or lotion each foot individually. From there some may do a parafin dip to the feet, others may wrap in warm towels, and some there are several lotion steps. Put on sandal, and toe separators if necessary, and polish. (or if you want acrylics or gels, they will apply them then).

it does vary a little from place to place, these are just the types I've done.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• now what they do:

A pedicure exfoliates the skin, and part of good food care and hygiene. Its a very relaxing experience and very stress relieving. It also improves foot comfort.
    Pedicures can also help reduce some foot/nail disorders by keeping proper maintenance on your feet. (such as ingrown toe nails, or rough calluses that can cause dryness and pain. )
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• woodwitch..

so am I.. a good pedicurist knows how to properly apply pressure during a massage so as not to stimulate the ticklish sensation. While I did pedicures while in beauty school we learned all about that since a lot of us had that same worry and fear.. and trust me, we ALL got over it. It was soo well worth getting one.

And the money... try going to a local beauty school first. They typically run $20.. at a school, and it's very relaxing and definitely worth it.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i'd rather have a pedicure than sex. its that good!! and i don't have to clean up anything!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 11:40 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Never had one so can't help you there. Sorry.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 2, 2010