At what point did your morning sickness set in? I am 5 1/2 weeks and feeling sickly, but nowhere near what I've heard could happen.

lovelylife26

Asked by lovelylife26 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• can set in as early as 3-4 weeks, or could never set in. just depends on how your body reacts to the new hormones.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:18 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I felt nauseated at eight weeks and it was full-blown horrible puking sickness at nine weeks. I got ginger root pills around twelve weeks and that made my puking stop. I felt nauseated again for about two or three more weeks, then it went away completely =]
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• ITs different with everyone. With both of my pregnancies I never really got sick. I would get neaueus and even that didnt start until around week 7 were as my friend who was pregnant the same time I was, was god-aweful sick from week 2.
    mommy2abbygrace

Answer by mommy2abbygrace at 11:35 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I didn't get sick with my first pregnancy, but not this time. It started at about 10 weeks and it's still happening and I'm well into my 21st week! Best thing to do is eat small meals. At least that's what everyone tells me, but I still throw them up! Another suggestion was ginger. I carry peppermint candy with me (especially down the bread isle at the grocery store). You just have to see what works for you. And it is true that every pregnancy is different. This one is a complete 180 from my first!
    Pregowithsecond

Answer by Pregowithsecond at 11:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• everyone is different, i was miserable through my whole 1st trimester, finally started to calm down (im 22 weeks) now i just get afwul heartburn. what worked for me sometimes was always have pretzels with you. i know everyone says try crackers, but pretzels were a life saver for me!
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 1:18 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Mine started at 6 weeks. Every pregnancy is different, from no sickness at all to sickness so bad you get hospitalized for dehydration! Good luck, hope you have a good pregnancy.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 4:19 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I second everyone on here. It's different for everyone. I am now 31 weeks and never really got sick except from my prenatals taken without food. I've been told I looked pale and weak...but never threw up or anything....good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:09 PM on Oct. 12, 2008