Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

For those of you with Chronic Pain....

What type of Doctor do you see? A regular Dr. or a Specialist?
If you see a Specialist, what kind?

What kind of meds do you take (natural or prescription) to help?


Asked by hsmominky at 4:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

Level 23 (16,376 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I have fibromyalgia and EDS.
    I had to do a lot of research and go to international conferences to find help. After going through many doctors (some who sent me for mental help because they thought I was drug seeking) I found a GP that would help me. He put me on Lyrica and that has helped tremendously!
    If you have a condition look for support groups and online forums to find out what everyone else is taking. Go to your doctor prepare to discuss those medications and treatments. Some organizations even have special handouts for doctors.
    Most importantly is to have a healthy lifestyle. Exercise, eat well, sleep and surround yourself with loving people that you can talk to.
    (the book "The truth about chronic pain" by Arthur Rosendfeld is a good book to read)

    Answer by tobys.mommy at 5:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • I have fibromyalgia, but I don't see a doctor or take meds... I just deal with the pain.

    Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 4:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • My husband was in a severe motorcycle accident this year so he is in chronic pain. He just had his first knee surgery. His orthopedist has had him on percocet for a long time. He tried non-narcotic meds but they weren't strong enough. He also sees a physical therapist 3 days a week for pool and exercise therapy. We are getting worried about the long term percocet so he has scheduled an appt with an actual pain management doctor for next week. They'll put him on something else, do other therapy, and eventually ween him off all meds.

    Answer by Orionsgirl at 5:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

  • I have fibromyalgia also my dh has chronic back pain and has had major back surgery needs another one but he takes Naproxsen so I take that for my pain also he gets the meds for free

    Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 6:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010