how extreme is this?

For the past few weeks, ive been having breathing problems. Everyone says its normal, but i really dont FEEl like its normal. It only happens when im calm and relaxed. Majority at night time and in the morning when i wake up...[most relaxed] Anyway, my breathing is very fast and short, and i wake up in the middle of the night from gasping air.. i dont know i do it but when i do its so loud andi fly upwards that i wake my bf up. i get dizzy and light headed and my heart feels like it is caving in. My boyfriend felt my heart beat and he said the beat is not a consistent pattern.. and that its fast and weird... What does this sound like to you? and do you think its okay to wait until my next appt to tell my doc.. its not until the 2 of nov, or should i call him on monday??

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 11:29 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• sounds like when you lay down baby may be pressing on your lungs more (just gravity) try propping yourself up more at night. I had to sleep in the recliner the last month or 2

but call the doc if you feel it's not normal. only you know your body
    Anonymous

• Is that your picture on your avatar???? Could it be that gigantic cigarette hanging outta your mouth ;)

It really sounds like mitrovalve prolapse.....
    Anonymous

• Yeah its my picture anonymous but i dont smoke anymore so its not that... :) ask next time dont just ASSume ... to the first post, i do prop myself up at night and i try not to lay on my back but its even happening right now when im sitting upright.... ???

whats mitrovalve prolapse?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:36 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• OMG lets blame all the pregnancy problems of a smoker on the cigarette! geesh grow up anon #2
    Anonymous

• I would call the doctor. I am a critical care nurse and it sounds like you may be having an abnormal heart beat. Are u preg? Depending on what your heart is doing, it could be serious. To be safe check with the doc. He mays suggest a holter monitor, which is a device you wear that monitors what your heart is doing for 24 hours or more.
    lukinggood

Answer by lukinggood at 11:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• here you go Kelso a link on it. heads up- doesn't normally need any treatment so don't be scared by her

http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/articles/598.html
    Anonymous

• when should i call him? do you think its alright to wait until monday? it started about maybe 2 weeks ago and it happened just at night now it happens in the morning too SOMETIMES in the day when im active, and it happens more than once in the day and lasts about 3 hours now.. before it lasted like 1 1/12 hours about...and yeah im pregnant im 5 1/2 months.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• If it's been going on for 2 weeks you are probably ok to wait til mon. I wouldn't go any longer though. If it doesn't go away, go to the er so they can put u on a monitor and see what ur hearts doing while it's happening.
    lukinggood

Answer by lukinggood at 11:44 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• Thanks everyone :)..... my mom just said maybe its my blood pressure what do you think could it be that??
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• No assumptions- it was typed as a question.... ;)

The mitral valve is one of the 4 valves in the heart. It has 2 flaps and opens and closes to let blood in and out....When you have mitralvalve prolapse either one one of the flaps are too big or the tendon that controls the movement of the flap is too long causing irregular movements and irregular heartbeats.

Symptoms: Irregular heart palpitations, chest pain, fatigue, shortness of breath, dizziness, light-headedness, low energy, panic attacks ect, ect.
    Anonymous