to those who had gone through separation and divorce...

what are your experiences and how did you go about it?

LavenderRose10

Asked by LavenderRose10 at 5:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• I told him to get out (infedelity) and he did. We were apart for 2 months and reconciled. he stated that we didn't need counciling since we were getting along, I said we did because once the 'honeymoon' was over, that could change. He still didn't think we needed it.
    Fast forward 8 months and things started getting rocky again, questions were raised and I wasn't going to go thru a life where our DD thought that everytime mom and dad talked, they were really fighting and she had to 'break it up'...she's 3.
    I told him I wanted a divorce, he started acting like the lovey man he (his representative showed up...they guy that does whatever to make you happy until he hooks you again) and I told him i'd had enough. You can't use affection to 'keep someone in line' so he moved out.
    2 weeks later I met with an attorney and 2 weeks after that we were divorced. we agreed on everything though. we get along better now, like friends
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My ex was cheating with a mutual friend. Not the first time I forgave him a couple of times it was always the same thing I wont do it again. He always used mental abuse on me and had me believing no one else would ever love me. After 12 years and 5 kids I cold not take it any longer and told him to get out and filed for divorce.
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010