I wound up dropping my classes so that i can work 2 jobs

I hope it comes through since me and my SO ended I have to figure out something ....I work cuss svc from 830-230 no i have to find something in the evening. What about waitressing any ideas would be helpful

jenlesly

Asked by jenlesly at 6:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• I'm sorry you have to do that. At least you're doing what you need to do to take care of your family! Waitressing is a good idea. Bartending is also good if you don't have issues with it. The tips are probably better and it's less work. You could also look at call centers. I worked for a call center once making phone calls to doctor's offices to offer them free continuing education credits for seminars and got $15/hr.. which is pretty decent. I wish you luck!
    Kisses4Henry

Answer by Kisses4Henry at 9:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Have you tried applying for financial aid? Also, most colleges and universities have jobs open for students. If you had remained enrolled, you might have been able to get a job there.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:08 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Financial aid, especialy since you had a child. Your chances of getting help are huge.
    Esmrlda

Answer by Esmrlda at 6:17 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Financial aid takes a long time to process and no where near covers you like a job does.
    Nighttime jobs: bartender, server at a restaurant, hostess at a restaurant, gas station attendant, hotel reservations agent, etc.
    Good luck. :)
    connorlove

Answer by connorlove at 2:52 AM on Sep. 3, 2010

•  

www.fastweb.com is a great source for scholarships

Answer by rkoloms at 6:00 AM on Sep. 3, 2010