Does anyone enjoy the fundraisers that schools have?

I don't. They expect our kids to sell 10 items a piece and the cheapest thing is $20.

itsallabtthem84

Asked by itsallabtthem84 at 6:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in

• UUUGGGHHHH I hate them, I agree with you they are expensive, and when you have 3 kids in the same school and they are all selling something, it can be pretty expensive.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 6:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• The only school fundraiser I enjoy is the market day sales.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 6:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No, I don't like them, and I've got a little guy that just started K. I wish they'd come up with fundraisers that did something- like an action, mowing yards, raking leaves, etc- so there wouldn't be the huge amount of $$ out and then get something that isn't worth it.
    HopetheKitty

Answer by HopetheKitty at 6:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I hate them and would much rather write a check to the school or PTA than deal with the fundraisers.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• They have a lot throughout the school year. The only one we participate in, is the candy bars. Only ones we can sell. They can expect all they want, it won't happen on my end.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 8:35 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My kids are in college. I hate the fundraisers all except the cookie dough and the Pizza they did a couple of times.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Nope. We shut the curtains and don't open the door. We've already had two separate kids come to the door in the last week. =(
    alexsmomaubrys2

Answer by alexsmomaubrys2 at 6:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• no,I hate the high cost of it all!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Some of the fundraisers are easy enough to do because they tie in with various holidays like mother's day, reading, etc. However with the economy the way it is, I think the fundraising thinking will have to be adaptable because many people just can't afford to spring for as much or be expected to contribute as much as before even if it is to help the schools out with needed supplies and so forth. I think modifications need to be made to it all.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't mind buying the $1 candy bars and things, but $20 for a roll of wrapping paper or 2 inch roll of sausage and cheese is a bit much.
    kksmomma1019

Answer by kksmomma1019 at 6:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010