Well, they can't blame this one on the Conservatives

So the guy who was holding up the Discovery channel building was upset because not enough was being done to save the planet. I had to read 3/4 of the article to see this.

He said he was inspired by "Ishmael," a novel by environmentalist Daniel Quinn and by former Vice President Al Gore's documentary "An Inconvenient Truth."

Think they will try and spin this or just hide it? LOL

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 6:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• cowgirl

dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 6:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It would be soooo easy to blame this on Gore. But the dude had to have some serious mental issues to begin with. I'm thinking that they will try to hide this, so that there is nothing of a sordid nature tied to Gore or the Green movement. I don't think they can afford any more scandals after all the Climate-Gate last winter and the allegations against Gore earlier this summer.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 6:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• He was an eco-terrorist. I don't think they'll try to hide it. Just like I don't think the people who kill doctors who provide abortions speak for the entire anti-abortion movement, I don't think this guy speaks for the environmental movement. There are crazy extremists to be found in every cause and religion. I think environmentalists will come out and say that he was crazy and had nothing to do with the mainstream environmental movement.
    jilby

Answer by jilby at 7:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• well, we can't blame ANYTHING on Conservatives.......
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 7:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• winkOh gertie, you are so clever and whitty. I wish they had a sweetpea that was a "knee slapper". "We can't anything on conservative".......you just kill me. I thought you blamed everything on conservatives including the fall of Rome!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• well... really conservatives tend to care alot less about the planet and more about money so in a way you can blame them ;-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well....you guys blame EVERYTHING on Libs. Right? Hehe.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• The left always blame the right for every loon that kills somebody. Look how they blamed Bill O'Reilly for the nut that killed Dr.  Tiller, the abortion Dr. They also blame right-wing radio talk show host for every nut.

You don;t see the right playing the blame game on these nuts. The right does not stoop that low.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You don;t see the right playing the blame game on these nuts. The right does not stoop that low.

___

Can you please share your crack???
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 11:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Earth to Nate- What in blazes do you think the OP is doing in this question?

Really?

I think her knuckles are dragging on the ground

Extremists exist in every walk of life-

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:02 AM on Sep. 2, 2010