how can i handle my fear , i live in a very rural area with no neighbours close by and have 2 babies 15 mths and 3 mths , yesterday i went for the first walk i dared go on and a huge bear came out of the bush on our driveway and roared at us, i ran with the stroller screaming all the way and now im traumatised. I just cant handle this anymore.

maymummy

Asked by maymummy at 6:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• Do you have friends that can come and visit or maybe pick you up and bring you into town? Is there a road you could walk on or an open space nearby where you can see if there are animals around? Get some bear spray just in case and sing songs while you walk to let them know you are around.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 6:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ask your friends or family for a ride into the area you need to go. and i would be scared if I was you too, that must be frightening..:(
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i def wouldnt go for a walk if that happens on ur drive way i say find a nearby park and walk there..find someone that lives in your area and jump in your car go for drives def leave the car in the garage so you know you can get in and out of the car safely expecially with 2 small babies..thats what i would do personally there is also playing in the house or getting a tredmill opening up the windows and it feel like ur outside..that would be my solution to the problem your having..i say over come the fear cause youll be living like this for a while well unless you decide to move..then the fear will be def gone..good luck (moving might be ur best bet tho cause youll be able to come and go as u please with out worring about bears and such)
    MinnieMoni

Answer by MinnieMoni at 6:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Wow, I'd run too. That"s crazy. You need to get in your car and go to a safe park or play date with your kids.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• the last thing I want to see on a stroller walk with my children would be a bear! You live in a very remote location and the bears feel comfortable here. If you want to go out for a walk, you are going to have to leave the area to do it. I would be traumatized too.
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 6:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'd say go to the park I personally have never had a fear of things like that I grew up feeding the bears lol ( bad idea right ) butloud noises scare them away usualy and you can buy stuff online to spray that keeps them away just like coyote repellant and stuff
    msh88

Answer by msh88 at 12:56 PM on Sep. 2, 2010