Does your child scream all the time??

my son screams. i mean, he screams when he's excited, mad, upset, whatever his mood is, he screams. it's an earspliting scream, and it gives me a headache. when we go out in public, i feel so bad for people, cuz i know it hurts their ears, and it's disturbing, but i don't know what to do! he's 18 going on 19 months, and i was wondering if this is normal??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:37 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• They scream non-stop. I feel for you
    mandaday

Answer by mandaday at 11:42 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I feel ya sometime I wish it was legal to tape there mouths shut. (I would never really do this but I have felt like it at times)
    GFXMommy

Answer by GFXMommy at 12:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Answered at 11:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 by: GFXMommy
    I feel ya sometime I wish it was legal to tape there mouths shut. (I would never really do this but I have felt like it at times)

Ditto! for both, i would love to, but i would never...is there a way to stop it??? i'm desperate! i think i'm going to go legally deaf and insane...and it's not good cuz i have a newborn and i don't want her to have hearing problems!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• HAhah, normal though it gonna stop!

Give him a shocking look after he finishes his screaming spree, then tell him it hurts people's ears. If he is happy, you can teach him to express his happiness with loud laugh or glap his hands. If he is upset, he shall show a sad face. etc...
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 2:07 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Completely normal. When he gets more language that will taper off some. Then he'll be able to tell you in words how he feels. If he knows it irritates you it may take longer, depending on the kid :) Good luck!
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:57 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I am right there with you. My son screams all the time too. It is so loud, I have ringing in my ears. It is only happy screams though. He is generally a very happy baby and doesn't cry much. He and his brother have a screaming match some times and I feel like I am constantly yelling at my oldest because he knows better but the youngest aggs him on. I think they will grow out of it soon. I think since they can't talk, its their way of communicating.
    tootie2007

Answer by tootie2007 at 12:04 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• My son screams from the moment he gets up until he goes to bed at night. He just does it because he likes the way it sounds. He is just having fun, and most of the time I find it amusing, but most days I have a headache.
    FertMert

Answer by FertMert at 3:35 PM on Oct. 12, 2008