I know of a couple that screams a lot in front of their kids and allows the 2 kids to stay up with them till 2am. Is that healthy for the kids?

The kids r only 2 and a half and 1. The oldest one can get very mean while the youngest is very very shy and clings to one person. Cry's a lot too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Kids' Health

• i would think not..?
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I am sure not.
    katie23

Answer by katie23 at 6:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Not much you can do about it. Not the choice for my kids, but if I said something I'd get told to mind my own business by the parents. I think you already know everyone is gonna say it's wrong and are looking for people to agree with you though.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would like to tell them that the kids should go to sleep earlier and they should not fight in front of them. But they r not my kids and I dont want them to think im judging them. I dont know what to do. I am just concerned
    NotAMomJW

Answer by NotAMomJW at 6:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Not in my opinion. Kids soak that stuff up
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I hate to say it like this but I think you already know the answer to this. if your thinking of saying something weigh how close you are and how understanding they are. I have a friend I can go to and tell her when I'm concered about things happening with her DD and she will listen and look into it and thank me for caring enough for saying something. other people would tell me to mind my own business....so its how comfortable you are with it. But it's definatly not good for the children especially the not sleeping part.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I am only 19 and I have never had a kid of my own so I have no idea what is ok for a child. I know basic stuff but not any extra. It just seams wrong and I dont know how to approach them without seaming rude.
    NotAMomJW

Answer by NotAMomJW at 6:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well thank u all for caring
    NotAMomJW

Answer by NotAMomJW at 6:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I dont think so. I think parents should have their kids on some sort of bedtime routine and NOT staying up til 2am. Crazy.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:57 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Does that sound healthy to you?

Are they drug addicts or just screaming people that don't need to go to bed because they have no reason to get up early?

I really don't think you can approach them with this and expect them to welcome your opinion with open arms. Maybe if you say something it will get them thinking though...you never know.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:31 PM on Sep. 2, 2010