Couldyou still love your husband or SO after he cheated on you?

emilysmom1966

Asked by emilysmom1966 at 6:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes..but it would have to involve therapy and couples counseling and a lot of work on his part. I believe that love is a choice and not always a feeling.
    tobys.mommy

Answer by tobys.mommy at 6:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• could I still love him? yes. Could I forgive him? probably not.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 6:27 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i would still love him that's why it would hurt so much. would i get resentful hell yea. could i forgive i don't know.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 6:29 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Love has nothing to do with it. Could I trust him? No. Would I stay with him? No.

Answer by louise2 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes, I made a promise to him and God that I would love him and be married forever. Forgiveness is would be critical in such a situation.
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 6:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i will always love him...and if he is truly remorseful and worked at it he could slowly regain my trust. infact, we've both cheated but because we love eachother so much we're working through it. it takes a lot of time and willingness to be completely open and honest about everything though...trust has to be earned back bit by bit.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 8:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes I could, and forgiving I could too. Forgivness is heallthy for me. Forgiveness isn't allowing him to do it to you again, it's allowing you to heal and let the anger go.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 6:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Sure I could still love him, he'd be dead and burried on the back acrage of our home, but Id still love him. LOLOL
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It depends on ALOT of stuff so there is not a simple yes/no answer here..
    Was it a physical/mental relationship? One night stand, or long term? Did I catch him or did he come forward? Too many variables to know the answer..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'd probably say yes I'd 'd stay w/him if I truely loved him at that time in our lives, but he'd have to earn my trust back, then I'd work on the forgiveness, after he worked on the trust issue. There are many things things in a marriage to consider when this kind of thing is done, and are kids in the marriage. How long, how many times, or how many women so many questions to be answered. BUT most of all, do you both truly still love each other.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 9:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010