Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples By Ph.D. Harville Hendrix Ph.D. Anyone read this book? Does it work? or is there something better?

Im married but i was told by a friend to buy it and read it because it has worked for her. anyone know if this book works or is there something else? Do not bring up Marital books with any religious themes to it. I am not religious. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• He was on O a few years back...I got his books....interesting ideas...the bummer is he believes you can't move on with your life unless you are in a committed love relationship. That in that bonded union, each person is safe to work on their issues.

So a single person like me is just stagnate until I find that union? so I didn't get to his work books and tapes~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would read The Five Love Languages.
    LindyCam

Answer by LindyCam at 6:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i have read the proper care and feeding of husbands. i thought it was very insightful. although it's harder said then done. i often think of how i'm not doing anything that i read and i felt so strongly that i was right on the head. i have never read of heard of this said book. see if you can find it in the library before you buy it. check out the book i mentioned. it's funny cause my mother was going to buy the book i mentioned and i said that i had it. she too liked it and see actually tries to do what i said.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010