Babies and Gas????

Why does a lot of women think that babies have gas all the time? That gas is always the problem? I have two DD's and do not remember gas being an issue.

Asked by louise2 at 6:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think when you've exhausted all your other "why could s/he be crying?" Not wet/poopy/cold/hot/hungry/tired/need cuddled/feverish... gas is your next option...

Some babies are really gassy. My oldest was. Poor kid used to gulp his food like eating was getting outlawed in 5 minutes and he had to stock up. Then he'd double up and SCREAM until he passed out. Unless you knew exactly how to hold him to massage his tummy, he'd be in total misery and screaming until it finally resolved in him either throwing up or passing wind. Three. Straight. Months. of that.....
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• lol my baby does have a lot of gas.. she is farting constantly.. if that isn't gas then what is it? lol
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 9:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010