help!! please adult content

can you be pregnant and spot n bleed bright red blood ??? cuz im about 4 weeks pregnant and i woke up monday morning with brownish blood and then on tuesday it turned bright red, i called my ob and they said if it got worse to go to the er... it stopped being bright red and turned brownish again wednsday and has stopped since then... i had my hgc levels checked and it came back between 150-200 ... could i still be pregnant or did i maybe have a MC and not even know it ?? i still feel pregnant but idk .. i have an apt on the 15th but will feel like an idiot if i go in there thinkin im pregnant when im really not.. and my husband and i want to be baddd!! we have been trying for 7 months now... please if anyone could give advicee that would be greatly appreciated =] thank you in advance for your replys =]

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• if you're really that scared and concerned.. my advice to you is go to the ER.. tell them you're pregnant and bleeding.. or call your dr and tell them you want to make sure the baby is ok.. good luck!! and i hope this baby stays!
    proudmommy690

Answer by proudmommy690 at 6:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Call the doc and say that you'd really like an appt and go in now and discuss this with him/her. I wouldn't wait till the 15th.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 6:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would go to the er and let them know I'm pregnant and bleeding. They will give you an ultrasound and check the heart rate. Good luck.
    reigndrops12689

Answer by reigndrops12689 at 6:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• its hard to say whether or not you could still be pregnant. in my case I had a subchorionic hemmorhage which did cause spotting and some bleeding and yes some of it was bright red. so there is a chance that everything is fine. I would say if there wasnt a ton of blood (like a regular period flow) then chances are goodd that everything can be fine. but if it was heavier you may want to get checked out. I also agree with the others that you can always go to the ER to get checked out, but the only way to really tell, besides them drawing blood and checking levels is to do an ultrasound and if youre that early they wont see anything. I do wish you the best and I will say a prayer that everything turns out well!!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 7:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I would contact your ob and get an earlier appt. If they can't get you in earlier then I would go to the er. I've had miscarriages and when they did an u/s on me that early they usually saw nothing. With this pregnancy they seen a gestational sac at 5wks My implantation bleeding only lasted for an hour and it was light. Good luck
    ladyambition

Answer by ladyambition at 7:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i'm a little shocked your ob didn't send you to the hospital right away. shit, i call with any stupid question and she tells me to go, but bleeding is a pretty universal thing to send to the er. any bleeding during pregnancy is not normal. that said, it doesn't necessarily mean you miscarried. when i was about six weeks pregnant, i felt a sudden rush of liquid and had bled very heavily all at once a whole lot of bright red blood. what i had was called a subchorionic bleed - where the placenta becomes partly detached from the uterus. it is a risk to miscarry, but i didn't. i bled just that once then a couple weeks later was spotting again... back to the er, still bleeding a little. i am now 30 weeks pregnant and everything is fine. if you think you need to go to the ER and get checked, then just do it.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I had the same thing happen an had a MC, one of my best friends had the same thing happen and now has a beatiful little boy...it's hard to know for sure...if you're really worried...go to the ER Mama...best of luck to you!
    kamsmommy17

Answer by kamsmommy17 at 1:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010