I really like the way I spelt my son's name.....but everyone else doesn't.....now im starting to question it!!

My husband and I took almost my whole pregnancy trying to decide on a name for my 2nd child(who's a male). We both had our favorites and since I picked my first born's first name, middle, and the spelling I let my husband pick the name. as long as I was able to choose the spelling. I have a

melby1317

Asked by melby1317 at 6:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Baby Names

• Really its up to you and your husband. If you both are happy with it then thats that
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Its different! I like it. Remember, youre the parent and dont be afraid to remind people of that
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:46 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• IMO xzandyr should either begin with an x or a z not both and it definately shouldnt have a y in it
    and jmes.... did ya forget the a or what?
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 6:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Who cares what others think, if you like it then use it. I like traditional spelling, but that is me and not you so who cares, right? lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 6:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Forgive me,but that name is a train wreck!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think the Z and X together like that are totally unnecessary and it looks rather odd. But, it's your child and if your ready to face the strange looks and smart remarks- then so be it. I named my oldest daughter Schylar and people in my family flipped out because I didn't spell it SKYlar. People mispronounce her name constantly and I do get sick of telling people how to say it (I mean do you say Shool? So stop saying Shylar! It's School and so it's Schylar- SAME damn thing!).

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 6:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• not at all. it is just a style~own it girl. I have an Olliegeorge know one gets..what other people think is none of your business is my thinking...if he doesn't dig it, he can change his first or middle name anytime without having to go to court (at least pre 9/11 days anyway).
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 6:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• no. jmes was spelt like that in the baby book i was looking at. I wanted it to be different. I recently asked a question about his name on yahoo answers and the comments people left were heart breaking. They did so much as to call me a troll.
    melby1317

Comment by melby1317 (original poster) at 6:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Xzandyr looks kind of like you were really trying to spell it crazy, poor kid will always have to spell it for people. That being said, you're the parents what you want is what you get. If your child is already born and people are saying stuff shame on them. If the baby isn't born, then hopefully they will stop when he's born.
    MamaSarah1104

Answer by MamaSarah1104 at 6:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Honestly the kid will be teased. People won't be able to pronounce his name. It will look bad on job interviews when he gets older and people will question your intelligence or sanity. I really hope this is a joke because if it's not and you really name him that then I feel sorry for your child. Not trying to be mean just calling it like i see it.

The name is fine but not with that spelling.
    angelachristine

Answer by angelachristine at 6:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010