How do I invite someone to attend a parenting class without offending them?

I took a parenting class a while back and now I'm planning to take it again. There is someone I know who could really benefit from this class, but I'm afraid she'll be offended if I ask her to go to it with me. How could I bring this up so it doesn't sound like an insult?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Make it sound like you dont want to go alone and she is doing you a favor. Just say "hey, there is this class I wanna take but I dont want to go by myself. Would you be interested in tagging along? I'll buy the coffee!"
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 6:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You can tell her how it was so good you want to take it again. Then ask her if she'd go with you but you could make it sound like you want her support and/or company.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Just act really excited about it and tell her how great it is. It's so great you want to take it again. Maybe even tell her that you invited all of your other friends to take it too?
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 6:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Just bring it up when she askes what your up to. And be sure to let her know that your going too.
    browningmom

Answer by browningmom at 6:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Just ask her if she would like to go with you.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 6:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Say you dont wanna go alone
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 6:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Like some of the above, tell her your going for a 2nd time bec it was so informative. You'd like to take some with you for company, maybe you can stop for a coffee or something after. All she can say is no.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• just say u wanna go but dont wanna go alone and they have interesting topics. do kids go with? if not say hey its a little break from the kids. they have parenting classes here and my and a couple of friends go just to get out of the house and have girl time, learnin something new was the added bonus
    gothmama91

Answer by gothmama91 at 10:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010