5 month ultrasound looks weird

I got my 5th month ultrasound from the Dr. (not a 3 or 4D ultrasound, just the normal one). The shot is great, straight on face and body shot. The eyes look really odd to me though. They are HUGE (just the sockets really are showing) and they are a really pronounced almond shape. Not round at all. The rest looks fine, but these eyes are freaking me out. She almost looks like an alien. Is such a large, almond shape eye socket normal for a caucasian baby?! I am a nervous first time mommy.
Thanks (hope youre not all laughing at me)!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I don't think you should worry at all! All ultra sounds look strange! And those 3d and 4d ones look even weirder! Don't worry, you're baby is going to be beautiful and healthy mama! Congratulations, it's almost time!!
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 11:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• if there was ANYTHING wrong, the ultrasound tech would have noticed. She will be beautiful when you see her for real.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 11:45 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• The eyes tend to look aleinish till about 15-16 weeks
    Zoeybug

Answer by Zoeybug at 11:49 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• well this was the 20-21st week ultrasound....and shes still looking alienish!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I think the eyes just start propotionately big and a person grows into them. That is why babies look so cute - those big eyes. I am not a ultrasound tech or anything but I think the ultrasound can look at different depths too. You may be seeing just under the surface of the skin and seeing more bone structure. I always prefered a side profile of my babies for the alienish reason.
    atozmama

Answer by atozmama at 12:50 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• You see the skull in an ultrasound not just the skin and eyeballs! So you're in essence looking through the child's face. That would look weird on anyone! I think your child is fine, the Dr would have mentioned an abnormality in the face to you at the time. Good luck Mom! I'm sure you little one will be born beautiful.
    shmorris56

Answer by shmorris56 at 3:47 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• my ultra sound pic looked that way and now i just have big almond shaped eyes i dont think it is anything to worry about if it was a problem the dr would had said something
    iloveyall2008

Answer by iloveyall2008 at 7:31 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• no worries there, the eyes around that time have not fully developed yet. your baby, though pretty much "humanized" still has some rounding out to do. it is usually most noticable in the eyes because you so desperately are looking there to see who it looks like more, you or daddy. Everything will be fine. She's going to be gorgeous!!!! good luck!
    Adeline1210

Answer by Adeline1210 at 8:15 PM on Oct. 12, 2008