Hypocrites and Homeschooling

So one very special mother here on Cafemom couldn't handle me respectfully calling her out on her "all these people homeschooled" list - she made a list of a bunch of people and said they homeschooled. THEN when I told her that adding a bunch of people from over 100 years ago was irrelevant to education today, she insulted me. THEN when I called her out on how a bunch of people on her list DID go to some kind of public school (AFTER I looked it up - after she said that SHE seeks info out, but I don't because I went to public school), she blocked me! This is why people cafemom stalk - because I am so angry. She deleted my comments that said she was wrong, that some of the people DID go to public school. I'm so annoyed. I have no question so I'll make up one.
Are all homeschoolers hypocrites? Or is it just the ones who want to insult people but can't handle the challenge of having to back up their statements??

Blubuni99

Asked by Blubuni99 at 7:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You have to remember that there are good and bad in EVERY group. Don't judge all just because of one person.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 7:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• First of all, I would like to say that I do not homeschool.
    BUT
    I know people that do and I do not know any of them that are hypocrites.
    Just because you came across one loon who thought she was smarter and better and was apparently not, do not taint all homeschooling mothers with that brush.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 7:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I plan to homeschool but that doesn't make me a hypocrite, I too went to a public elementary, middle, and High School and based on my own educational experience, and the condition of the schools I definitely want to homeschool until 8th grade. It's a personal choice, not based on if anyone else has done it or not.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 7:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You can't prove a point that doesn't want to see any other points but their own. So why get yourself all scuffied up! Also, come on, really? Do you really think all homeschoolers are hypcrites? You know the answer to that. Why is this in Just For Fun anyway? Doesn't seem like much fun.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'm not saying that. I promise. I'm just angry at this ONE lady who found it fit to insult ME when I was perfectly respectful to her. And then couldn't handle it when I challenged her. I wasn't being hateful. She then deleted my comments - except ONE and of course didn't delete her insulting comment to me. I know not EVERYONE is like that. <3
    Blubuni99

Comment by Blubuni99 (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• She blocked me so I just felt I needed to get it out SOME way.
    Blubuni99

Comment by Blubuni99 (original poster) at 7:15 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• DomoniqueWS, did you even read my post? I don't think it's hypocracy to go to public school and then homeschool your children. I'm angry at one woman who, when challenged, couldn't back up her argument - insulted me and then blocked me and now I'm just venting in a place that maybe she'll see.
    Blubuni99

Comment by Blubuni99 (original poster) at 7:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• It's in JUST FOR FUN because I didn't know where else to put it, Musicmom80.
    I just don't appreciate being insulted - she pretty much called me stupid. And then blocked me. I know, it seems silly to get upset about it but I am.

AND of course I don't think all homeschoolers are hypocrites. That's not true. I think EVERYONE is a hypocrite but I don't think it's especially true of homeschoolers. I was just making up a question.
    Blubuni99

Comment by Blubuni99 (original poster) at 7:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I know the woman you are talking about and what you are talking about. Too bad for you. I agree with her. If you don't agree with her move on. Get over yourself. She clearly stated that she was not wanting a debate, that she was just giving information. You purposely tried to turn it into an arguement and debate. Not even a good one either.
    catholicnomore

Answer by catholicnomore at 7:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010