OH NO THE DARK.......

My almost 11 month old is all of a sudden afraid 0f the dark. Up to a week ago he was fine sleeping in the room with no lights. But mayb a week ago he started Screaming every time I tried to put him to bed with the lights off?? what would cause him to all of a sudden be afraid of the dark?? he slept his whole life(up til now) in the dark. I dont know what to do!!

melby1317

Asked by melby1317 at 7:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter was the same way...shes 6 now, and she still has to sleep with the light on..not allllll the way on, but i got a dimmer switch for her room...sometimes ya just gotta do what evr will help them..thats a battle a choose NOT to fight!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• He is growing up. Leave a night light on in his room or leave his door open.

Answer by louise2 at 7:11 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My girls did the same thing but they were about 2 and a half when it kicked in. Get him a night light or even a glow worm, the glow worms helped my twins a lot.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 7:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My daughter turned 3 and almost the next day we went out and bought a night light
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010