vaccines

Does anyone else have to pick up their babies vaccines at a pharmacy? My baby's doctor writes us scripts to pick up her shots. She told us that the insurance company doesn't reimburse them for shots anymore. Is this the hassle I'm going through because we are using a family practice?

MelSwim7

Asked by MelSwim7 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• OMG are you kidding me. My doctor has the meds in his office.... and it is a family practice too. Well baby care covers it. I think you need to get a different doctor. I can't believe a pharmacy hands out DPT, Polio and Chicken Pox vaccines to anyone with a script.... that is crazy.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 7:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• When I was on the depo. shot I had to do that every three months. Go to the doctor, get the prescription, go to the pharmacy, wait for it to be filled, and take it back. It was a hassle.

elly25

Answer by elly25 at 7:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We were told that if we wanted to get our dd a Synagis Vac. (She was a preemie) we would have to have a Rx for it and either pick it up at a pharm. or have in mailed to our house. They supply all other vac. but not this one. It was the first time I've heard of it.
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 7:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yeah so far I picked up polio, hib, prevnar, and dtap through the local hospital pharmacy and the worst part is I have to pay out of pocket then submit it to the insurance company to get reimbursed myself. I don't feel like dropping almost 500 everytime my baby needs shots
    MelSwim7

Comment by MelSwim7 (original poster) at 7:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• call your insurance and ask
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 7:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Wow, no the meds are in the office. I've never had to pick up anything from the pharmacy. I've never heard of prescriptions for shots.
    mrspierce06

Answer by mrspierce06 at 7:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Never had to pick up a vaccine from a pharmacy. Have you ever tried a free clinic?
    LilLegs

Answer by LilLegs at 7:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Never have I had to pick up vaccines, and I've never been to a practice with more than 2 doctors. It sounds like they don't want to keep the vaccines in stock? Honestly, I'd find a new practice unless you like the doctor so much you are willing to go through this hassle.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 8:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• OMG!!! change docs!!! ASAP!!
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 8:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• find a different doc. thats such crap.
    Alice T.

Answer by Alice T. at 11:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010