??Where did IT go?? adult content

My (now 11 month old) son was born with a hydrocele on his left testicle. It eventually turned into a hernia and, at the age of 3 months, had to have it surgically removed. It had developed into a hernia the size of a ping pong ball, and had another one developing on the right side. Hes doing great now but there is one problem. After surgery his "PEE PEE" sorta sucked in and he looks like he doesnt have one. the doc says it is normal and should come out "when its ready". but every time i change my son in a public place I end up getting into fights b/c of some rude women staring blankly at my son's area. Do u think i should have a second opinion or just wait to see if it was just "shy"?

melby1317

Asked by melby1317 at 7:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Maybe a UROLOGIST can give you a second opinion. You ARE entitled to a second opinion.
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 7:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• if your that worried then get a 2nd opinion, it will ease your mind if its nothing or if it is something then you know you can fix it. good luck!!
    Nienna7477

Answer by Nienna7477 at 7:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My nephew is like that. He is 2.5 and "it" finally starting to "come out." My mom said my dad is like that too so, i would say it normal and I wouldn't worry about it.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 7:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Hopefully it will come out.. Don't you wish that when you get someone staring he'd pee like he drank a cup of coffee and get the nosy peeper?? Good luck to you both!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 7:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• @angellinda- THAT WOULD BE SOOO GREAT!!
    melby1317

Comment by melby1317 (original poster) at 7:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I nanned for a little boy whos pee pee was "shy" lol. Around 3 it was no longer shy. = )
    rileymommy

Answer by rileymommy at 10:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Its called hidden penis. Its totally normal and it will pop out eventually. The penis kinds sinks into the fat pad. I have 3 friends with sons that have it and i have researched it for them.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 2:30 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Our son has "hidden penis" and we just put vaseline on it at every diaper change and pull it out (doctor told us to do this so it doesn't grow back to the skin). It has gotten better slowly I promise :)
    Lisa.Price

Answer by Lisa.Price at 9:17 AM on Sep. 2, 2010