About the root canal for the 8 year old...

So we went to the dentist and he didn't do a root canal because my son's roots aren't fully formed. So he cleaned out the exposed nerves and put a temp filling on both teeth. He can't play rough or eat with his front teeth until they are completely repaired. Estimated time? 1 year...UGH! The whole bill came to $751.00, out of pocket was $288.00 my husband is so upset he is going to go to the superintendant's office and see if there is anything he can do. I am guessing PROBABLY NOT!! To make it a question...How long do you think it will take my son to knock the fillings out!?!

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 7:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• I hope never! Geeze!!! boys will be boys. but 288 is CHEAP for out of pocket root canal work! Most people dental insurance SUCKS these days!
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Oh I hope never too! I never thought he would knock his two front teeth out either! They didn't do a root canal $288 was a very temporary fix for now.
    matthewscandi

Comment by matthewscandi (original poster) at 7:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• That is very steep for a temporary fix.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 8:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• How is your son doing with teeth? My daughter has same story and it has become a nightmare! Dentist have also told me she will need root canal in both teeth.
    gpierceone

Answer by gpierceone at 3:06 AM on Sep. 25, 2013