Tubal Ligation questions (may be TMI) adult content

Nov 11, 2009 I had my son emergency c-sec at 25 weeks pregnant. I had my tubes tied at that time for fear of going through that again. My period has always come around the same time after a day at the most of cramping. I am currently day 3 of cramping and still no period. I have a sharp pain (nothing to stop me in my tracks or anything) in the left side of my uterus, I am exhausted and moody and all I do lately is eat lol. I doubt I am pregnant but no I never took a test. Anyone who has had their tubes tied go through all of these symptoms? Is it bad enough I need to see a doctor? Any advise that you can give is greatly appreciated.

JAJA_Steele

Asked by JAJA_Steele at 7:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• Yes, completly normal. I had the same issue with it. It's been about two years and it's getting a lot better. You aren't preg, I'm sure! I would bleen really bad too! I was going to get novasure done because of it. Everything has toned down quite a bit.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 7:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I didn't think I was pregnant, I just wasn't sure if all of these things are normal. Thanks for that info though, I will hang tight and hope and pray that about around 2 years things calm down :-)
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Not a good reason to have a tubal ligation, I hope you don't regret it. The doctor should have never done it (unless you are 40 and have 6 kids). That kind of decision shouldn't be made when you have just been in a crisis. You could sue that doctor.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 7:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My husband and I have 3 kids, we are done. Whether you think it was a good decision or not to have it done it was the right choice for us. I gave birth to our youngest childs leg while sitting on the toilet by myself, he was 1 pound 7 ounces having 3 surgeries during his 5 month stay in the NICU it is a good enough reason, because had I ended up pregnant again and things ended the same way, I would blame myself. Thanks for not being helpful though and only throwing out the opinion of something I didn't ask about.
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 8:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• BTW my water broke at 24 weeks and I layed in a hospital bed for a week trying to keep my son in, it was thought through thoroughly
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 8:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Honey you don't have to explain yourself to anyone! That comment was uneducated and out of line.You weren't asking for opinions on tubal ligations. Puleeez I was 28 and did it after 4 kids. The guidleines are actually three kids and age 25. I do not regret it at all. The doctor didn't make her do it, nor did he persuade her to do so. If you have any questions ever friend me and we'll talk! :)
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Thank you, and I don't regret it either!!
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My periods got longer, heavier, and more painful after having a tubal. I lived with it for 11 years. Then I had the novasure edometrail ablation procedure done. Now I have post ablation syndrome. Grrrrrr..... FYI - Post ablation syndrome is much more common in women who have had a tubal so if you decide to go that route, consider that as a possibility. It is still not official that it exists, but there are enough women who suffer that those of us who do have no doubt. I have a great GYN who DOES believe it exists and we have tried everything to relieve the pain. Basically, I eat pain killers for 3 or 4 days every month. When it gets so bad I cannot tolerate it, my only option is hysterectomy. *sigh*
    ThatTXMom

Answer by ThatTXMom at 8:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ThatTXMom I am so sorry to hear that! I pray I never have to go through that *hugs*
    JAJA_Steele

Comment by JAJA_Steele (original poster) at 8:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Wow! I didn't know about that either TXmom! Maybe there is a reason why I never got around to it!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010