Why are you so judgemental of other women?

Women should celebrate and support each other, not be cruel, condescending, and judgemental to each other. Parenting is hard work no matter how and when you do it. How does if effect you if someone is on public assistance, works or stays at home, circumcizes or doesn't, etc? Instead of tearing each other down all the time how about we trying supporting one another, is it really that hard?

abs0726

Asked by abs0726 at 11:50 PM on Oct. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I posted a similar question about a month ago and wow, let me tell you it stirred everyone up. 

We are mothers!  As mothers it is our job to be a role model to our children. Would you allow your child to criticize another child for their spelling errors, grammar usage, choice of clothing, etc?  Most of us would want our children to be polite and kind to others. That same expectation that we have for our children should be also be used by each one of us.

Each word you type and send on here could greatly impact someone's life. Think before you type and send something.  Your words could be the words that put someone over the edge.

tinkerbell76

Answer by tinkerbell76 at 12:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• amen!
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:51 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I agree with you 100 percent. There are always going to be people that are hard headed and think that they're way is the only right way. We're just going to have to get use to that!
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:53 PM on Oct. 11, 2008

• I think that people that critize other people parenting or desitions about their kids are people that are insecure with themselves or have nothing better to do with their lifes and find entertaining to make other peoples life miserable.
    honestly I couldn't give a fuck about other peoples desitions or ways of parenting, I only give advise when asked and I never, ever give an opinion without been asked for one.

people need to chill out more and care for their own damned business more often.
    dylansmommy626

Answer by dylansmommy626 at 12:52 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I think people (women especially) criticize and tear others down to avert the focus onto someone else. Say I've gained a few pounds? I say "Omg look fat that chick is!" so everyone looks away from me.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:23 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• The only time I am rude and/or nasty with other women is in person. And to be honest, it's usually because they dont work, have kids and have a nasty house. Then I'm rude. Nasty house, meaning...not picked up, dishes everywhere, food everywhere...stuff like that. But online I'm not rude. And this may sound harsh but I am a firm believe that when you have kids, you especially need to keep a house clean for health reasons. Don't get me wrong, I'm not perfect, I know it's hard at first but once you have your children on a schedule there is no excuse in my opinon...if you do not work! (I know I went off sorry)
    raybell

Answer by raybell at 3:59 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• It is not that hard to support other women. I think some women just dont want to be the one on the bottom. Everyones been there you just have to rise up, when its your turn. Have you read Maya Angelou's poem Hater? It is a good read. When I sent to everyone I knew I got some deep responses lol. I really dont care if a person is on welfare, Food Stamps, Housing assistance whatever, I dont know their true story. I see it as hey they are eating, keeping a roof over their head, more power to them. Women do what they need to to survive and no one else should down them for that. One day the tables can always turn.
    VaDivaMom

Answer by VaDivaMom at 5:42 PM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I guess im just confused why you posted this. If you read along the post, you will see that my question was not intended to offend, judge, or put others down. It was just a question to see if the social norm has changed, or if the thinking of being married before having children was now an old fashioned concept. No more more less.
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 12:07 AM on Oct. 13, 2008

• I posted this before I saw your question, but when I read stuff like your question this is exactly what I think...Why? Why does it matter how other people live their lives and raise their kids. As long as they aren't abusive or neglectful it really isn't anyone elses business...
    abs0726

Answer by abs0726 at 9:23 PM on Oct. 13, 2008