Marriage advice!

Hello! I have been married for a year and half and have a 10 month old daughter. My husband is a musician and has a flexible schedule but he does need to go into the studio to do his music everyday. My problem is that he goes and works at about 12:00pm (after waking up at 11:30am) M-F and doesn't get home until 10 or 11 so we really don't see him during the week. He stays home on weekends but sits around and stares at the TV. I am SO bored in this marriage and sad and lonely. All weekend when I try to talk to him he hardly hears me because he is watching TV. He is good with our daughter when he choses to play with her but he would rather watch TV than interact with us. He also thinks that because he works outside the house and I am a sahm that he shouldn't have to do ANYTHING around the house AT ALL. There is so much more but I won't get into it. I'm at my wits end. Any ideas on how to be happier in this lonely situation? <3

ImRenee1980

Asked by ImRenee1980 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Relationships

• Throw out the tv!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:36 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Ha! I wish. He is a real ass so that would never work! ;)
    ImRenee1980

Comment by ImRenee1980 (original poster) at 8:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Make your own life. Make friends with single moms, moms with husbands that are out of town a lot, or mom's that have husbands that work in the evenings. I had a husband that worked 3-11 and I did this for 6 years and had a lot of fun.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• sorry... unfortunately i see alot of people with the same problem - it's not just limited to musicians. you need to have a talk with him and tell him how you feel. suggest counseling... life is too short to be unhappy all the time.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 8:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Plan a date, just the two of you, or a family day out.
    I whish you the best be patience. if it does not work go out with your DD when he is watching TV, He will miss you!!!!. If you dont have money to go out. go to a library, Barns & noble, go to the park but go somewhere. Must of the times new parents need to have a lilte brake inside the relationship. He is used to have you guys home at all times, once you not there he will miss you and it my help him to realize that family is more important them TV.
    zip10469

Answer by zip10469 at 8:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• well if throwing him out is not in the equation. take your little one and the 2 of you go out and have fun, look around in a local paper or online sometimes you can find activities that are free. (the library does stuff for all ages. story time , Activities etc.) maybe he might notice he's missing out and join you. (couldn't hurt to try.) but if not at least your living your life instead of waisting it watching him.shooting photo

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 8:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I agree....throw out the tv, than tell him it got stolen ; )

does he have any interests in anything besides tv and his job? If you both share common interest, make this a family thing to do on the wknds...get together with friends who have children the same age as yours or if you can find a sitter on the wknd, go out and do something fun together.

if he does not want to help around the house, give up cleaning up....maybe he will notice and respond and offer to help once you tell him he lives there too.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Try talking to him, hide the remote, not really. Do it in his language, when he is not there describe how u and the baby feel into words, then tell him u have a new idea 4 a song. Maybe it might sink in. If not go by what u feel inside??????
    kgardner62411

Answer by kgardner62411 at 10:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• turn off the tv and have a talk with him. make plans of your own so you aren't so bored or make friends. to make a marriage work you have to have good communication.
    xavierlogan09

Answer by xavierlogan09 at 10:26 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• "Accidentally" break the tv while you are cleaning! HAHAHAHAHA!
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 10:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010