Anyone know more about Ovulation Predictor Kits

So I had my mirena IUD removed august 5th and am breastfeeding my 11 month old. No period yet. Not sure if no period is due to IUD or breastfeeding since I had an IUD in for 4.5 years before having my son and didn't have a period the entire time. So I have been trying to track my CM. i took a dollar store ovulation predictor kid and got the one dark control line and a very faint second line. What does this mean? Not ovulating. Even my hubby saw the line. It's very faint but there.

maggiebella25

Asked by maggiebella25 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• The lines have to match. There will almost always be 2 lines on the OPK. It's when they match or the second line is dark than the control line that the test has detected a LH surge.

The test doesn't actually detect ovulation. It detects the LH surge that preceeds it. The problem with OPKs is that a woman can have more than one LH surge during the month. This is more likely if you are breastfeeding or premenaposal.

Charting your cervical mucus, cervical position and basal body temperature is MUCH more accurate and MUCH cheaper.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 8:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• or do the lines have to match in lightness or darkness? All the test said was intesnsity of lines may vary.
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 8:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ok thanks. I took a opk earlier this month and it always had one line. So I was a little hopeful :(
    maggiebella25

Comment by maggiebella25 (original poster) at 8:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• go to peeonastick.com thats where i went when i was new to the opk
    Kre10

Answer by Kre10 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I agree with Kre10.

www.peeonstick.com is a really good website.
    katelingerum88

Answer by katelingerum88 at 10:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010