what's the low point in your life?

are you there now or was it in your past? how did you move on? did you learn anything from it?

angevil53

Asked by angevil53 at 8:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• 1988 Several major illnesses, paralyzed, premature baby, divorce, cancer, diagnosis for me and my 3 kids with a life-threatening genetic illness. All in one year. We all survived despite the odds.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 8:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've had several. The two that stand out were:
    At 17,my stepfather tried to rape me after several years of trying to "groom" me like child molesters usually do. I was suicidal.
    In 2000,my baby was stillborn at 34 weeks
    I learned how to scope out bad guys I guess.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• kinda feel like I'm there now- I've had a few points that I thought were low and even though nothing dramatic has happened I'm just feeling down all the time lately....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My lowest point was 4 yrs ago and I was in it for 7 yrs. I was homeless and addicted to drugs and had a very abusive BF. When i finally had enough and just couldn't do it any longer and really REALLY wanted to get my shit together i moved with my DH now two hours away from where all this shitty part of my life began and i got clean and shortly after i got clean I found out I was preggo with my DD and i worried though my whole pregnancy. My DD came into this world and healthy and she is the best thing ever in my life. I have never loved anyone or anything in my whole life as much as i love my little girl. So ya that was the lowest point but ya I learn a great deal and I truly believe i would not be who I am today if i never got addicted to drug and stayed addicted for 7 long I mean LONG YEARS.

raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 8:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• you are funny tryin2bB'....my happiness ratio is forever changing.....

low or life changing? kind how ya look at things....having birthed a baby with apgars of 013 flipped my world upside down....raising that same baby 18 years later is a trip and a half...bigger highs and bigger lows but what is hardest is the rate of growth you are on as a parent of such a human...growth velocity~I know things I would never have known otherwise....
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 8:48 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Being on cafemom.
    tryin2BGOOD

Answer by tryin2BGOOD at 8:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i'm really sorry bluebutterfly, that sucks!
    angevil53

Comment by angevil53 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i dont think im at my lowest but i an definitely at my lonliest. which for me is bad cuz i'm kinda needy. well, i AM needy. me and my ex broke up about 2 months ago, me and my mom are basically no longer even communicating, and i just feel alienated by my family. because i am standing up for myself and trying to live my life the way i want no matter what, and they dont like it at all. so i feel like everyone is turning against me. but i have to take control of my life. and i have to let my mom know that she cant treat me any way she wants. oh, and im learning a lot so far. about me, about people trying to manipulate situations, and about reality.
    iluvmybabe

Answer by iluvmybabe at 8:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• When I was in college my first year and not really giving two shits about anything, smoking, drinking, ya you know the deal. But I transferred and found out that college was more than that. I graduated 4 years after I got back(so 6 years total) and am proud of how much I have changed since then although many of those friendships are still strong and we just all laugh at the ridiculous state of our lives then...which is good. we have all moved on and learned.
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Trying2begood .. Then why are you on here if this is the low point in your life?

My low point was my teenage years. A lot of story behind that, but basically I did get through it and I learned a lot. I'm stronger, smarter, and really better for having gone through it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010