Why do you care if I am going to hell?

Why does anyone really care that someone who believes differently from them or is gay so there for in their minds are going to hell? If I go to hell doesn't that leave more room for you up in heaven. So why do you really care? Or do you say you care to look good, but in the end you really don't? Just something I have been wondering. I hope this makes sense.

katrinad

Asked by katrinad at 8:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Religious Debate

• Its because some Christian religions require them to help save the "heathens"

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• it does say in the bible to help and witness to all, i'm not christian but i get why they want to "save" everyone. it's part of them doing their part for everyone else.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 8:49 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Most Christians believe its their job to care, and to save those who are "hellbound". Some believe that God is keeping tallies of how many people they save, or don't take the chance to try to save. Many use telling someone they're going to hell to try to make them feel badly about what they've done/believe. It comes off that way as more of a judgment and a way for someone to feel superior to the "lowly sinner/nonbeliever." Some just use it as a way to argue their point "you're wrong, you're going to hell, so you better accept what I say because I'm right". And there are the few who actually care, and honestly want to try to "help" as many people as they can, not for any heavenly reward, but because they genuinely can't stand the idea of anyone going there.

And then you have those of us - Christians like me - who reject the concept of hell altogether. :)

bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I guess I care because I am a caring person. If there is a such thing as "hell" and it as bad as "they" say then I wouldnt want anyone to go there...Well I have my limits...I mean if you are a child rapist or a cerial killer then yeah they deserve the "hell" they will endure when they die. I think when we die we die....I believe we live now in our "hell" and "heavan"
    hi.everyone

Answer by hi.everyone at 8:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't. LOL. I mean I care if you end up in a bad spot, need help, etc . I am always willing to lend a helping hand where I can. However your spirituality is on you. My truth is just that mine, and I can't dictate nor should I yours.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• OMG not making fun of you, but the thought totally made me crack up! This is great! I'm sooooooo bumping you!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well, because some people care about all people, not just ones they know.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 9:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well the thing is personally I don't know you---so I can not really say I care what you do. But as a person who is a humanitarian I care about all humans. I would care if you killed some one. I would care if you treated your child poorly. So as a human I care what happens to other humans.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I know I am going to hell. I like to think of hell as a tiered wedding cake. I plan to be on the balmy, sunny day at the beach level of hell, while I joke with my BFF that she is going to be shovel the coal to keep the fires burning.

All the fun people will be there. Only Saints go to heaven and that sounds a little to boring for me
    Maureen-MD

Answer by Maureen-MD at 9:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• The question is why don't you care you want to burn in a lake of fire for ever. The thing people don't understand that you will have feelings in hell. You are going to burn just like if you get burn up here. If not then that defeat the purpose of hell in the first place.
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010