After having two children...

How did your first child sleep after the new baby came home? Was your first child sleeping through the night before the baby came?

I am due in April (yes a long time) but my DD who is 15 months doesn't sleep through the night yet, I am just wondering what I'm in for......

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 8:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• My daughter did not sleep through the night. They would both wake up during the night! At first it was kinda rough but eventually she started to sleep through the night and it got better...for awhile there they would wake up on the ssame schedual so it helped! Good Luck
    hi.everyone

Answer by hi.everyone at 8:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My boys are 1 1/2 years apart- so my oldes was already sleeping thru the nite when little bro came into the picture. He did welcome him home w/ a lovely head-butt tho! I about died- thought my new baby would be brain damaged. But happy to report he far exceeded my wildest dreams when he graduated 3rd in is class last year! (no brain damage!) :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i dont remember. i know when we all was sleeping in the same room my son did wake up when my daughter did, but now he sleeps through everything my daughter does.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 8:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My son slept with us in our bed until our second was born. So yes he slept through the night, BUT he didn't sleep ALONE through the night lol. When Our second was born he was one and a half, and I moved him into his bed and the baby stayed next to me in a bassinet until three months. (he would vomit all night long due to pyloric stenosis so I kept him where I could check him all night) By them my oldest would need me to read/sing/rock him to sleep and once he was asleep he would sleep all night long, as did the new baby. It was much easier then I expected. Aside from the pyloric stenosis and having one baby used to sleeping with momma and one not used to it! lol. But they are two and a half and 8 months now and heck.. bed time is one of my favorite parts of the day! haha
    Amelia512

Answer by Amelia512 at 8:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My firstborn was sleeping through the night well before our second was born and that didnt change once he came along.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i just had my 5th child and she has slept through the night from the beginning. i also have 2 1/2 yo twins. usually the boy wakes up, and if by chance he does not, then his sister will!
    my first child was 1 1/2 when his brother was born. he was already sleeping through the night, and he continued to do so.
    whatever it is you are in for, i am sure you will handle it like a pro!
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 9:12 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My dd is four and excited to be getting a sibling. She is looking forward to helping and holding her baby brother. I get to find out how she reacts come November.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My two youngest are 20 months apart and my (now) 22 month old slept fine when his (now) 7 week old sister came home. He was sleeping through the night since he was 2 month old and there was no change when she was born. Of course they don't share the same room - that might have caused a problem.
    My 2nd and 3rd are 18 months apart and the 2nd didn't have a problem sleeping when #3 was born either.

Answer by missanc at 9:19 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• All three of my kids were sleeping all night by two or three months. They slept in their crib,,,I think that's why they slept so well. SO, as each baby was born, there were very few problems...it worked out pretty well.
    gertie41

Answer by gertie41 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Bumped you!
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 9:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010