Breaking or bruising tailbone at 36 weeks pregnant?

So I won't go into the whole story but I was trying to clean up my sons toys and when I went to sit down, I sat hard on the edge of my bed frame. I landed hard right on my tailbone. It hurt so bad at the time (seeing spots type of hurt). I was okay for a couple hours, but now it hurts so bad. Only really when I try to get up from a sitting position or try squatting down. I have a feeling this is going to seriously damper my nesting plans. Anyone else do this? How long did it take to feel better?

sunshine58103

Asked by sunshine58103 at 9:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• do you have a boppy? you can use that to sit on
    elizabiza

Answer by elizabiza at 10:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Aw that sucks! I hope you wake up tomorrow and the pain is gone! Good luck :)
    kaylan010

Answer by kaylan010 at 9:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'd go get that checked if you saw stars momma!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You might want to invest in a special tailbone pillow. The circle pillow that is like a donut. That should help A LOT!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 9:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've broken my tailbone several times and I doubt you could break it that easily. The can't do X-rays and you don't want them doing rectal exams to try and move it around to see how horrible it hurts (it's not fun when you aren't pregnant). There isn't anything you can do for a broken tailbone anyway. It will hurt when the baby moves down the birth canal. My first baby rebroke my tailbone during labor but I made it without an epidural (stubborn).

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Try and ice pack for 20 minutes several times a day.... that will help!!

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 9:21 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• OUCH!
    I hurt mine at around 30 weeks or something. I was picking the kids up from school and I always leaned against this concrete pillar. So I was half sitting on it and felt this pop in my bottom and YEOW! That was back in late April or something. It still bothers me. At first I could barely move and it hurt to sit in any position. All I could do was lay on my side. Now it only bothers me if I sit in a chair (putting pressure on it) for too long.
    It wasn't the first time I broke my tailbone either. When I was like 5 I jumped from the top of the fireman pole at a park and landed weird and came down on the concrete holding the pole. I was miserable. And my dad caught it with his camera so I will always have a reminder of that pain, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 9:22 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I have broken mine before. The second time I did it I asked hubby to pick up one of those donut things to sit on from CVS. It still hurts to sit on the donut, but you can shift around and the pain goes down some, or at least it did for me.
    LadyKiki

Answer by LadyKiki at 9:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• shoutingOMG Gail!!!! That sounds horrifying!!

Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:45 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Mine still hurts 11weeks PP mine isn't broken just bruised from what I have been told it can take up to a year to heal and physical therapy(um how???-lol) may be needed. The only thing that has helped is not sitting directly on it and when you feel up for it do yoga when you get the go ahead from your dr. G/L
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:20 AM on Sep. 2, 2010