Has anyone ever built there own web site?

If so how and what web sites did you use? Was it free?

Liz003

Asked by Liz003 at 9:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I'm in the process of building number 5... I only use free sites to build them through. I prefer Yola because it gives you more room, but webs.com has more features... Both are very easy to do.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 9:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Thanks a ton. if you don't mind me asking what are your sites about?
    Liz003

Comment by Liz003 (original poster) at 9:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• MANY! Both for fun and for profit. I typically write all my code from scratch. What type of site and customizability do you have in mind?
    coder_chick

Answer by coder_chick at 9:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I am doing my website now. I use Vistaprint. It is free for the first month and then it is any where from $4.99-$19.99 a month depending on which plan you select. It is very easy to do, they have several hundred templates and if you can use Microsoft Word then you should be familiar with their program design toolbar.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:30 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My SO has built multiple websites, and has used free sites as well as sites that charge. He said the best one he has come across that is free is webs.com, it is the most efficient and easy to use site, and the appearance of your built website doesn't appear to look "free, or cheaply built".

sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:38 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I use to use yola, but it lagged really bad for photos.. (Which is what my site is all about.) So Now I use weebly. its free (of course you can upgrade for a price.) But I love it alot.

www.kathleendormanphotography.weebly.com ((Hopefully soon I can get the money to go to .com))

Weebly can be used for just about anything.
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I made a blog on blogspot and used to use geocities but I think they no longer are in existence. :( i don't know HTML soo..
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 9:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Sounds fun!
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 2:18 AM on Sep. 2, 2010