have you ever felt like the right decision for your son is the wrong decision for you?

being with the father of your child

michellem7781

Asked by michellem7781 at 12:04 AM on Oct. 12, 2008 in Relationships

• Don't do it. Your son needs his mom to be happy. I child would rather be from a split family than in a split family. It'll never work if you aren't truly happy.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 12:08 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• I made a painful decision for my kids. After eight years of a lot of work, they are all happy I did so. And I love my husband more today than I thought possible. I literally wanted to kill him 8 years ago---but I knew there was more to play into my decision than my own happiness. It was also about my children's family. I am still amazed the miracle worked in my marriage--but I know for my kids it was the right choice---and now it was for me--but it wasn't years ago when I decided to stay.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Read this book: Love & Respect by Emerson Eggerichs.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 12:12 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Your son needs you to be stong now if you don't think it's the right thing then you could do more damage by being with that man for your son. You wont be able to fake being happy long ,then what? Stick to your guns he will get over it faster if you stay stong and dont waver back and forth!
    biggmama40

Answer by biggmama40 at 12:14 AM on Oct. 12, 2008

• Honestly if being with your sons father makes you unhappy then I seriously doubt you want your son to grow up to treat women the way his father does. Not being with your childs father does not mean he will not have a relationship with his dad.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Oct. 12, 2008