Has your child ever had head lice? What age? Do you have any tips to help prevent head lice?

katies_mommy1

Asked by katies_mommy1 at 9:20 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Health

• yep...buzz cut and nic picking...everything in plastic bags in the garage all summer if it can't be washed in hot and hot dryer. I have gotten rid of it without chemicals`but I wouldn't wish it on anyone~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:23 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• OK, I'm zooming in the screen...that is the 100th typo in a min~sorry...Nit picking~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• lice like "clean" hair. always put something like hairspray, gel or moose (i know that is an animal but I don't know how to spell the hair stuff since I don't use it) Put girls hair in ponytails or braids.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 9:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Lice LOVE CLEAN HAIR.... So I always put hair gel in my little mans hair... He got them three times due to a follow mom not getting rid of them on her kids, which got them from a day care... I had to buzz my sons hair, but since he turned two he fixes his hair in a fohawk or spikes & hasn't gotten them

also you can try any kind of coconut hair care.... Lice dislike it... ALOT

& for you mommas who have kids that get lice & dont want it yourself, straighters, blow dyers, hair dye all help!!!!!!
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• use shampoo with coconut oils in it and i also spray my daughters hair with hairspray every morning... a couple years ago she got it and kept getting it back and since we started doing these things she hasnt gotten it....
    springsmom0322

Answer by springsmom0322 at 12:47 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• Remove lice, clean out nits, and use coconut oil or baby oil - the lice don't like the oils and can't cling on. Luckily my girls don't get them anymore.
    ladycertz

Answer by ladycertz at 8:59 PM on Sep. 2, 2010