what do you do when your child IS the bully??

I know no one ever thinks this could happen to their family but what would you do if you found out your child was the bully??

skittles1108

Asked by skittles1108 at 9:28 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Try to figure out what's making them feel the need to bully others, whether it's that they don't get enough attention or they're jealous of the other kids, or whatever. Then try to fix the problem and teach them how to use their words instead of violence.
    SarahLeeMorgan

Answer by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• he is mad about something or someone is pickling on him, so he is lashing out on people smaller then him . try put him in an structure activity like soccer, basket ball. something he could channel his extra energy in a positive way.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:34 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Smack his ass back in line... No i'm kidding!!!
    I've noticed in a lot of schools, its a popularity thing. 'Its better they fear me, than ignore me' kind of mentality? Everyone knows their name, & how 'tough' they are.
    Or like another mom said, talk to them, try to figure it out. Put them/Encourage them, to go for extra curricular activities. Sports, new hobbies, strengthening their talents. etc.
    Ellie19

Answer by Ellie19 at 11:24 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My three year old Is the bully in her class. When I hear of her hitting someone (which she always denies at first - but I can tell between the truthful denial and the lie now) or doing something to someone (she goes to daycare) I ask the teacher for their side of the story, I ask her for her side of the story (or the reverse order depending on WHO tells me of the bullying - if it is the daycare or teacher I ask them first, if her sister saw it and alerts me I ask my three year old first), and I aks her sister for her side of the story if she witnessed it.

I have her apologize to the other child, I make them hug (TORTURE on them because they're mad at each other! lol) and I explain to her what she did was wrong and that you don't hit people if you are mad at them and such.

She just has such a temper that she will knock them in the ehad before she thinks twice about it. I blame it on the redheaded blood line, lol. (cont)
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:50 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• But I do my best to teach her right from wrong at an early age so that Idon't get those calls when she hits school. BUT, I do want her to stand up for herself if she is in the right so I teach her when to speak up to the teacher and allow them to handle it.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:51 PM on Sep. 2, 2010