this isn't a question but i have something to say to all you women who say you refuse to poop while giving birth

I was reading an article yesterday on how to prevent pooping during childbirth. there were comments on it. one woman said she promised herself she wouldn't poop to the point where she refused to push her baby out and they had to use a vacuum. she put her vanity before her baby. i didn't want to poop when i was giving birth. But when the time came i stopped caring about that. and you know what i did poop. my husband never said anything. he was too excited about the baby. hours after giving birth my midwife who delivered my baby came into my room and was talking to me about why i tore (because my baby's fist came out with her head) and she said pooping may be painful but don't be afraid too and then she asked me the last time i pooped. i said a few hours ago and she asked "when exactly" i said "giving birth" she said oh ok so you'll have some time. SHE DIDN'T EVEN REMEMBER IT. so stop being vain cause no one cares if you poop

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Pregnancy

• your baby is a lot more important and that's what the docs, nurses, midwives, and your partners care about and notice
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i agree
    miritrose

Answer by miritrose at 9:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• lol

I love hoe people think they can actually prevent it.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 9:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• LOL...how do you even know if you do poop while giving birth? I pushed twice and held my kid. Also, I was too damn busy to notice or care.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I agree with you. It makes me crazy when I hear that women acting so vain. It is about our babies!!!!!
    hsmominky

Answer by hsmominky at 9:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• with me i did feel the poop come out and i saw it and smelled it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:41 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I don't see the big deal with it. You already have your vagina flashing to the world, it's not modest in any way nor is it meant to be. The birthing process is not about vanity. It's about bringing a healthy little life into this world. Natural bodily functions happen, and as long as everyone's okay and thriving then there shouldn't be any other concerns.
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 9:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• of course i hoped i wouldn't poop- but i think it's inevitable!!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:43 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• OMG I can't believe someone would not push just because of that reason. that is ridiculous to me. I honestly don't know if I ever did, but I don't care if it did happen.
    sheloveearth

Answer by sheloveearth at 9:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I did and I didnt even know till 6 months after birth ....when I was telling a friend that a didnt when I was in labor and my husband said yeah you did lol .....everybody poops (its a part of life ) get over it lol
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 9:44 PM on Sep. 1, 2010