I want to move bedrooms from mine to my sons.

My bedroom faces the neighbor’s driveway. They have parties most nights and they try to move it inside after 10 pm, but I can still hear them. I was going to offer a friend some money to move the big pieces of the furniture that I cannot move. How much would be a fair wage to pay these guys, I may also ask them to paint the ceiling, paint the walls, hang up a curtain rod, and put down the trim kick molding. I will be doing one room at a time. So, I will do my room first, since I am the only person who lives here. Any ideas or ranges of pay that you would expect to do this work. Thanks.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 9:47 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Home & Garden

• They are friends? I if it was me I would give them 75 bucks and buy them pizza and beer. If they are not friends and they are people you are actually "hiring" I would go with the 20 dollars an hour.
    emilex

Answer by emilex at 10:00 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Depends on how many guys you're hiring. I'd say 20.00 an hour is fine (and I would offer that to someone in Oklahoma if I still lived at home), but the going rate for laborers here in Hawaii can go up to 85.00 when they are movers. Painters can vary but do get paid a lot more when painting ceilings.

GL!
    Glamourina

Answer by Glamourina at 9:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We pay our friends in pizza.
    Otherwise, like the ladies said, $20/hr is going labor rate I believe.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Thanks, I will offer them $20 per hour and provide some kind of pot luck dinner. Thanks all.
    Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 10:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i have to do stuff like that myself,, ugh...painting a ceiling is NOT fun, lol
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 10:13 PM on Sep. 1, 2010