Could you survive on $700 a week?

If your income was $2800 a month....
could you survive?
would you barely be making it? OR would that be a comfortable living?

Me, DH, DD have always lived with my mom (ive never lived 1 day outside of my moms). dh is making about $700 a week now. But its only a 6mo job (but may last longer, or lead to a more permanent job). And Id love to move out, but dont know if we can really afford it. My mom doesnt want us to move out, so i cant talk to her. But, Gezz...
Usually my dh makes about $400/wk.. But because of this job he is making $70o/wk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Money & Work

• Id wait to see if it was more of a full time job, that way when you do move out you dont have to struggle. but heck ya I could make it on that...

((I feel your pain we live with Hubbys mom.......))
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'd be rich on $700 a week- I make about $1,700 a month now and I live, not super comfortably but it's possible
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:52 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• oh, easily, yes.
    missingruth

Answer by missingruth at 9:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I'd love to have that much! We live on much less and its pretty much pay check to pay check
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• we survive on less. I make about $700 every two weeks. my husband teaches self defense (I say for charity) his income fluctuates but it's never over $400 in one week.

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 9:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• yes. but with it being a temp job I would wait in your situation until you KNOW he can keep it. good luck!!
    misunderstood1

Answer by misunderstood1 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• With ease. Since my husband's death, we now get by on less that $1,000 a month.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:02 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• You could live on that but why risk moving out if the job isn't perm? You may find yourself in a bad situation. I'd wait.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yeah, don't move out. Save the heck out of it. And when he has a definite permanent job, then you have enough to live on for awhile.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

I have to agree with this. Even if you could meet all of your bills, it only takes one unexpected expense to completely screw you. A broken leg, a blown transmission, etc. You can't predict everything and you should always leave yourself some breathing room.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:18 PM on Sep. 1, 2010