What can I get my son for his first birthday?

my son is turning 1 next month on the 5th and i have no clue what to get him.

Baby_Malik

Asked by Baby_Malik at 9:51 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a basket of coconuts ~kids love them~
    surfcitymom

Answer by surfcitymom at 9:53 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• some kind or riding or push toy, books, blocks
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• anything. =) Get him something to help him learn to walk, get him some clothes, get him whatever you think he'll like... if worse comes to worse find something with a big box. =) Kids love boxes. (heck my sons five & still plays in them.)
    lilmoosesmom

Answer by lilmoosesmom at 9:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Expensive side. but will pay for itself in the years to come: a STRIDER bike.. Cost $100, but he will ride it until he is AT LEAST 5-6yo!  Its the most awesome thing we have ever bought my daughter! She got one at age 3, but I wish we could have got one for her the day she started to walk!

MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• We got our son the Fisher Price Laugh and Learn Home. He loved it!
    KJohnson4762

Answer by KJohnson4762 at 9:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• a box to play with. It sems like anytime i get my grandkids a gift with a nice size box they had drother play in the box. lol
    nanny29

Answer by nanny29 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• As ridiculous that this sounds, but hear me out. When my dd turned one year old, I purchased a one piece bathing suit in the size she should be wearing in high school. Each year at her party, she would try on the suit and have her picture taken at home. It looked like it would swallow her whole when she was young, when she became a toddler, it was still big, but you could see she was growing into a full fledged teenage body and then her final photo when she turned 21. It gave us a reference point to how much she had grown over the past year, and the memories are priceless. For my son, we purchased a blazer that he wore on his birthdays and he also wore it on his graduation from school. Again, lots of priceless memories.

Joeygoat

Answer by Joeygoat at 10:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My son will be 1 on the 24th. I got him a Radio Flyer Sport Coupe, a toy tool bench and toy tools, and a Build-a-Bear with my voice saying, "Mommy loves you, Cooper" I figure that'll be his "main" bear from now on. I can't wait to give it to him! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Oh, and I forgot to add. I'm going to write him a letter every year on his birthday, seal it, then give them to him when he turns 18. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:07 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• My son absolutely loved his blow up toys. he ended up getting 2 different ones for his bday so we introduced them one at a time.
    They have them inexpensive at different places.
    We bought one at walmart for 30$ and it was great. It was like a mini bounce house. They have them at toys r us but be sure to bring a coupon because they are expensive there. Ross has them seasonally at great prices.

Or also get him a little car. They love those at that age too.
    sassy_brizzy

Answer by sassy_brizzy at 10:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010