What do you think of Kidz Bop?

I might be in the minority here, but I think it's incredibly annoying. If there's a song that's really popular, I want my kid to listen to the real version. If it's got some bad words in it, I don't want her to listen to an edited version sung by kids, just like I don't want her to listen to the unedited original version.

What do you all think?

SarahLeeMorgan

Asked by SarahLeeMorgan at 9:54 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• Mykids and I can't stand it. As my son puts it, "Why do I want to listen to some 12-year old sing about love? What does he know about love anyway?"
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 6:04 PM on Sep. 2, 2010

• you're not alone. i can't stand that music!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I completely agree with you! Some of the songs aren't even really appropriate for kids.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 9:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I agree
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 9:55 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I agree. And I let mine hear the real song. Those kids bother me to no end.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Its freaking annoying!!!! i sometimes catch myself singing the songs when the commercial comes on-its the annoying songs u cnt bare to listen to by those kids and now its stuck in my head!
    JaydnsMom22

Answer by JaydnsMom22 at 10:01 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• yep. i truly dislike how it sounds. they'd be better off making a mix of the originals of theses song...oh thats right. THEY DO. its called NOW
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:06 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've never heard of it, but from what you say, I think I'd agree with you.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:10 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• After reviewing the 8 replies I think I am in the minority here. I find it annoying now...
    But when my daughter was younger I bought her a couple of these CD's because they were cleaner versions than on the radio & we could enjoy the music together without her asking what the song meant. She always needed to relate it as a story being told.
    girlshroom

Answer by girlshroom at 2:08 AM on Sep. 2, 2010

• My kids like it, but I think its kinda lame, Why would they have kids sing a song thats out right now? Just listen to the real one.

In addition: I don't think they a=listen to the verses they have these kids sing. Many of these songs are about issues much too mature for them to be singing about.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:11 AM on Sep. 2, 2010