melatonin!!

does anyone know if it actually helps with sleeping?

mommyof2boysmd

Asked by mommyof2boysmd at 9:56 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It does. I promise.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• yes it does!!!!! %100
    momaholly

Answer by momaholly at 9:57 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• my mother swears by it!ive tried it and it did work but after a while it seems like it doesnt work as good
    kimber571

Answer by kimber571 at 9:58 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Yes! I got a sample in the mail of this stuff called Dream Water, and it had melatonin in it. I saved it for a night when I had trouble sleeping, and oh my God, lol...it had me out within like 10 minutes, and it felt so good. I was tempted to order some, but I don't really need it. You should google it and check it out.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:03 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• This is so odd, My friend was just telling me about this just 2 hours ago. She uses it, she has an anxiety disease and that is one of the meds she uses. She claims it will help with sleeping but it's not going to knock you out...
    cuteasabutton78

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 10:04 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I only know what a few mothers of children with Autism told me - they love the stuff. But they also would take their children to Starbucks for a double espresso before bedtime in the days before they knew about melatonin, so their children have some very different brain chemistry going on. As a Canadian, we have to go to the States for it as we cannot buy it here. There is probably a reason for that (but we also cannot buy jalapeno fish crackers, either, or stream from Hula...maybe we have more delicate natures...) so I would advise proceeding with caution....
    LisaLulu

Answer by LisaLulu at 10:05 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I've used it a lot and it's really helped me. I'm not into taking prescriptions stuff, either, and I tried a lot of other natural stuff with no help. No, melatonin didn't knock me out. All I knew was, after taking it, I'd wake up in the morning going, "Huh, I didn't lay awake forever after taking that!" I used to take it about half an hour before going to bed.

I was once prescribed trazadone and ambien for sleep. The trazedone didn't really help me fall asleep quickly, but I was sure groggy all day the next day. I only took the ambien once--and I hallucinated! LOL!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 10:08 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I freakin rocks. I took it for the first time a week ago under the advice of my doc. (he said I looked like crap, I said i wasn't sleeping well. He asked me if I was taking anythng, I said no, he said try melatonin) About 30 min after I took it I felt soo relaxed and sleepy. I crawled into bed and went right to bed. I usually stay awake worrying about stuff for at least an hour or so. My 18 month old started crying about 2 hours after that and I had no problems waking up to care for him and quickly went back to sleep when I got back in bed. That was my main fear about taking anything other than bendaryl was that I would be sleeping so heavily or be so groggy I couldn't get up in the night if the kids needed me. I had no problems with that whatsoever with the melatonin. Its great stuff. :D
    karamille

Answer by karamille at 10:09 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• it does, it also gives me vivid dreams which i think is kind of cool.
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 10:14 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• thank you ladies i just took 2 i'm hoping it helps i really need a good nights sleep
    mommyof2boysmd

Comment by mommyof2boysmd (original poster) at 10:16 PM on Sep. 1, 2010