Can you fit 3 carseats in a Taurus comfortably?

xoutstarrs

Asked by xoutstarrs at 10:31 PM on Sep. 1, 2010 in General Parenting

• Depends on the width of the seats.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• What kind of car seats? Some would definitely fit, but I'm not sure if all would.
    Courtney610

Answer by Courtney610 at 10:32 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• i don't even see how you'd get the kid in the middle in if you even managed to get the seats in. a taurus is tiny
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 10:33 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• I think you could. I have a Monte Carlo (it only has two doors) and could probably get three in the back seat, it has tether hooks for three. The problem would be the center seat, not that it would fit ~ but getting the munchkin in and out. While the Taurus has four doors, the center seat might be a nightmare.
    WoodWitch

Answer by WoodWitch at 10:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• No, you won't be able to -- I had a taurus (2007) and had an infant seat on one side, booster on the other. the infant seat left NO room between the carseat and the front seat, and between the two car seats, there was only about 6 inches of room.
    MommaofH2

Answer by MommaofH2 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• Well, I know I can't even get close to fitting three in my chevy cobalt, and I don't think a taurus is much bigger?
    montanagal2005

Answer by montanagal2005 at 10:35 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• okay thanks! I have a Jetta now and im trying to find a bigger car to fit a 2 big boy carseats and a baby carrier. I was looking at a taurus but i guess that wont work. What about a pt cruiser?
    xoutstarrs

Comment by xoutstarrs (original poster) at 10:37 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• PT Cruiser - not much wider.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• no.. I have a Taurus and we tried and ended up taking two cars instead.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:40 PM on Sep. 1, 2010

• ( we were sitting, had my DD and nephew with the toddler seats and that left only a few inches of space inbetween, the baby had to ride with his mommy in her car).
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 10:42 PM on Sep. 1, 2010